The State of Threat Feed Effectiveness in the US and UK
A report by the Ponemon Institute. Sponsored by Neustar
A deterrent to mitigating and preventing threats and malicious traffic, both inbound and outbound, is not having relevant, timely and actionable data. To solve this problem, according to this research, organizations are increasingly using threat data feeds with insights from DNS data.
To understand the challenges and benefits of using threat data feeds, Ponemon Institute surveyed 1,025 IT and IT security practitioners in organizations that use threat data as part of their cybersecurity program or infrastructure in the United States and the United Kingdom. All respondents are familiar with their organization’s approach to using threat data. Organizations in this research use an average of 21 threat feeds.
In this report you will learn why study participants believe the primary benefits of threat data feeds include:
- Increasing preventative blocking
- Ensuring better defense with no impact on performance
- Reducing the mean time to detect and remediate an attack
- Pinpointing vicious cyber threats before they do damage
This report is packed with never before explored perspectives on threat data feeds and why they have become a critical part of an organization’s arsenal of security technologies.
Attend the on-demand webinar with speakers Larry Ponemon and Michael Kaczmarek, to learn:
- How the organizations surveyed use threat feeds
- Why threat data feeds are a critical part of a cybersecurity arsenal