Branded Call Display (BCD) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Protect Your Brand Reputation
Customers don’t know what phone calls to trust anymore. Branded Call Display (BCD), an innovative, breakthrough technology, lets enterprises across all industries add context to the mobile display, including logo, location, reason for the call. And, it ensures that the call is legitimate using STIR/SHAKEN call verification.
The solution helps enterprises increase answer rates and retention, improve customer engagement, reverse revenue loss, and protect your brand. Unlike other branded calling solutions, BCD ensures a consistent, trusted experience across all leading carriers.
1. What is branded calling?
In 2020, 45.9 billion robocalls were made in the U.S., and 45% of those were scams. Consumers are overwhelmed and can’t determine the difference between a trustworthy phone call and a fraudulent one. Close to 90 percent of business calls to consumers go unanswered.
Branded calling is an innovative, breakthrough technology that lets enterprises across all industries add context to the mobile display. That can include only the company name, or full name, location, logo, e-business card, social media links, reason for the call, and more, so that consumers know and trust who’s calling. The technology puts the power back in customers’ hands, giving them information they need to decide if they want to answer the phone.
2. What is Neustar Branded Call Display (BCD)?
Neustar offers both Branded Caller ID and Branded Call Display (BCD). Branded Caller ID, users can display the company name and phone number.
Branded Call Display (BCD) lets users add context to the mobile display BCD, including logo, location, reason for the call, and more.
For enterprises that need to improve customer engagement through the phone channel, BCD empowers customers with the information they need to decide if they want to answer. The solution helps increase answer rates and retention, improve customer engagement, reverse revenue loss, and protect your brand. Unlike other branded calling solutions, BCD ensures a consistent, trusted experience across all leading carriers.
3. What can I include on mobile displays with BCD?
Branded Call Display (BCD) lets you reassure customers it’s you calling by displaying your full name, business location, logos, e-business cards, social media links, as well as a checkmark showing that the call has been verified by STIR/SHAKEN call authentication, on the mobile display.
4. How does BCD differ from competitive solutions?
There are a number of ways BCD differs from competitor offerings:
- Manage once, appear everywhere: Branded calling is easy to implement and scale when you work with one company with access to over 800 carriers, and trusted by more than 8,000 leading brands and enterprises.
- Get unparalleled mobile display reach: With solutions that are integrated with all major mobile, landline, cable and VoIP carriers, and Google Verified Calls, as well as all leading mobile app providers. Today, we reach over 250 million mobile devices, and that’s expected to reach 325 million in 2022.
- Secure and trusted: Branded calls can be verified with STIR/SHAKEN to assure consumers that the call can be trusted. So, no one can hijack your brand, or tarnish your hard-earned reputation.
5. What are the other benefits of BCD?
Today, the digital experience user experience is powerful, but the phone experience is poor. Providing a branded experience demonstrates a modern, digital approach and helps enterprises increase efficiency and improve engagement across all channels.
Through one platform, BCD provides a consistent experience for all customers, enhancing relationships and restoring trust. Customers, prospects, and partners who know and trust it’s you calling are much more likely to pick up the phone.
With BCD, you’ll:
- Improve customer engagement by giving users the information they need to decide if they want to answer the call.
- Increase answer rates by 30-60 percent (and significantly higher for several observed customer pilots), improve retention, reverse revenue loss, and reduce costs and get a 28% to 32% increase in incremental income.
- Maintain complete control over how your brand is presented so you leave a positive brand impression for every interaction, across all channels.
- Reassure customers that the call has not been spoofed with STIR/SHAKEN call verification.
6. Can any enterprise/business use BCD?
Yes. No matter how many carriers an enterprise uses for their phone calling needs, they can use BCD.
7. Does BCD work as a standalone product? Do I need other products or technologies to ensure it works?
Caller Name Optimization (CNO) is a required foundational solution before implementing BCD. Both solutions are part of Neustar’s Trusted Call Solutions (TCS) suite.
Our Trusted Call Solutions provide comprehensive support to enterprises looking to optimize outbound call operations, increase contact rates, improve the customer experience and protect their brand.
8. How are calls verified and authenticated with BCD?
Neustar provides a single standards-based interface through which enterprises can sign outbound calls via STIR/SHAKEN call authentication and deliver branded call display experiences across their carrier and technology partners, without the need to develop separate, proprietary, and non-scalable interfaces.
Neustar’s call authentication solution signs the call with a STIR/SHAKEN PASSporT. Once the call is verified end-to-end, software on the called party’s mobile phone retrieves the enhanced call data for display. Link to eBook.
9. Do my customers need an app to make BCD work?
Branded Caller ID is available for over 250 million mobile devices with no customer app required. This initial delivery of BCD is also available to Android and iOS devices.
Branded Call Display (BCD) does require an installed mobile app. BCD is currently available on the Google Pixel device line and to T-Mobile's network, with plans to extend that to AT&T and Verizon this year.
10. Do I need to work with my service provider to get BCD?
No. A key benefit of BCD is that you only have to work with one company: Neustar. We manage caller ID across over 800 carriers, and are trusted by more than 8,000 leading brands and enterprises in financial services, government, healthcare, insurance, and more. Because we have such deep relationships, we do the heavy lifting with service providers for you.
11. How many of my customers will BCD reach? All of them?
Branded Call Display can reach 100 million landline, and over 250 mobile, devices in 1H2021. Mobile display reach is forecasted to scale to over 325 million devices by 2022.
12. Will I get any reporting/metrics to show if BCD is increasing answer rates, protecting my brand from spoofing, and/or enhancing customer service?
Enterprise reporting is available for the number of attempts that delivered Branded Call Display (BCD) as well as answer rates.