Myths vs Facts: SMS
Short Message Service (SMS) is a mature technology that has been around since the 90s.
Chat apps, technology advancements, and new use cases have lead many businesses to lose sight of SMS as an integral component of their customer engagement strategy.
Here, we set the record straight by dispelling 9 Myths about SMS:
- Myth 1: SMS is less relevant today as users move to modern alternatives.
- Myth 2: Chat apps have completely replaced SMS.
- Myth 3: Businesses can easily reach their audience with chat apps.
- Myth 4: Chat apps are ubiquitous around the world.
- Myth 5: Businesses are turning to chat apps for A2P.
- Myth 6: SMS is a mature technology with limited upside.
- Myth 7: Specific industries favor apps over SMS.
- Myth 8: Phone calls and email result in highest consumer engagement.
- Myth 9: Rich Communication Service (RCS) will displace SMS.
Download the "Myths vs Facts: SMS" eBook today to learn more.