Organizations across the healthcare industry are continuously challenged with understanding the impact of the recent Federal Communication Commission Declaratory Ruling and Order released on July 10, 2015. In the face of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), class action lawsuits grew by 45 percent in 2015. With multi-million dollar settlements hitting the largest brands across industries—companies are confronted with balancing compliance risk mitigation while remaining efficient with their consumer communications. Companies need to take action now to reduce potential risk.
During this webinar, the presenters will interpret the new rules of TCPA compliance for the healthcare industry and share best practices learned from other industries for contacting consumers via phone or text for notifications, debt collections, servicing, alerting, and other communications.
Topics covered during the webinar will include:
- Description of what the TCPA rulings mean to the healthcare industry
- Discussion on the special exemptions for healthcare providers
- Summation of the consent requirements for contacting consumers
- Description of the one call exception for reassigned numbers and its impact
- Recommendations for implementing steps to mitigate TCPA risk and improve operations