Despite the wide variety of communication channels that are available to businesses today, phone calls remain essential for reaching customers with sensitive or urgent information. The challenge is that in today’s climate of excessive robocalls and caller ID spoofing, calls are no longer being answered. In response, Congress recently passed the Telephone Robocall Abuse Criminal Enforcement and Deterrence (TRACED) Act, which mandates voice service providers to provide call-blocking services and call authentication at no cost to consumers. Although the intent of these new regulations is commendable, one drawback is that legitimate calls from authentic businesses can be mistakenly mislabeled as spam or blocked, negatively impacting a brand’s operations and reputation. The result has been that contact center rates have plummeted and industries that rely on the voice channel are suffering.
The voice calling fraud epidemic has severed our trust in phone calls, leaving businesses to find a way to reconnect with their customers. Forward looking business leaders are putting tools in place to navigate this new telecommunications ecosystem. Technology has advanced, allowing savvy businesses to mitigate erroneous call blocking while, adding richer identity and context to their calls. In effect, proactive businesses are seeing increased contact rates as customers are more willing to trust and engage with their brand.
Deliver a More Trusted Call Experience
Neustar’s suite of solutions can help your business more effectively connect with customers:
Caller Name Optimization allows your business to manage and customize outbound Caller Identity through a centralized online portal. This process protects your business from inaccurate mislabeling, spam tagging and blocking and discourages fraudsters from targeting your brand. Key features of Caller Name Optimization include:
- Caller Name Management – Update the name displayed for your business across landline and mobile phones. These updates apply across 850+ voice service providers and leading caller ID apps.
- Spam Tag Mitigation – To stop spam mislabeling, designate and register blocks of verified business numbers used for outbound calling across the telecom ecosystem.
- Do-Not-Originate (DNO) – To deter spoofers from abusing your brand, designate verified in-bound only business numbers.
- Monitoring – Monitor your brand’s calling reputation and receive alerts of unusual activity.
- Brand Protect – Get notified when others attempt to register telephone numbers with your business name.
Certified Caller authenticates your outbound calls via digital signature so that customers are confident answering your call. Key features of Certified Caller include:
- Enterprise Network Integration – Integrate STIR/SHAKEN technology - protocols to digitally authenticate calls - with your call center platform or enterprise calling network to ensure the highest level attestation for your outbound calls.
- Mobile App Integration – Certified Caller authentication can be integrated with your brand’s mobile app.
Branded Call Display enriches the mobile call experience by displaying additional content and context to the customer before they pick up the phone. Branded Call Display allows businesses to:
- Personalize the call experience with targeted messaging for each audience.
- Contextualize the call by providing key identifiers such as caller name, business location, title, and department.
- Convey trustworthiness by authenticating each call with a verification mark.
- Visually enhance the call for smartphone users by displaying company logos, images, and e-business cards.