Updated: January 1, 2020
These Privacy Principles will be reviewed at least annually, updated as needed, and adopted by Neustar’s leadership.
Neustar uses data to help our customers conduct business, serve their customers, deliver personalized content, prevent fraud, and fight cybersecurity and other malicious behavior without sacrificing personal privacy. These Privacy Principles govern our collection, use, storage, and disclosure of Personal Information. You can learn more about Privacy at Neustar in the Neustar Privacy Statement. We will keep privacy in mind as we design, build, and deliver our products and services.
- We will “say what we do and do what we say.” That means we will clearly explain:
- What kinds of Personal Information we collect;
- Why we are collecting Personal Information; and
- How we plan to use Personal Information.
That also means we will use and disclose Personal Information in the manner and for the purposes described.
- When we interact directly with individuals, we will seek their consent to collect, use, and disclose Personal Information. We will require third-party providers of Personal Information to do so as well.
- We will only collect Personal Information that is relevant for the purposes we have explained.
- We will dispose of Personal Information when we no longer need it for the purposes we have explained.
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information used to make important decisions about individuals is accurate and up-to-date.
- We will take reasonable steps to safeguard Personal Information.
- We will provide choice when possible, and honor any rights an individual may have under applicable law.
- We will educate employees and contractors about their privacy obligations and monitor their compliance with our privacy policies and privacy laws.