When you’re hit by a DDoS attack, it’s easy to redirect your traffic through the UltraDDoS Protect cloud. This is done most frequently via a quick DNS change.
- The simplest way to reroute traffic
- No special requirements
- Best for protecting a smaller number of hosts and websites that come under attack
How It Works
When you’re under attack or anticipate one:
- Switch the DNS records for any threatened hosts to your Neustar provided IP addresses
- Your traffic flows through the UltraDDoS Protect cloud, where bad traffic is filtered by the Neustar Security Operations Center (NSOC) senior-level DDoS mitigation professionals; good traffic proceeds to your infrastructure
- Once the attack subsides, just switch your DNS records back to your original IPs
DNS Redirection is quick, easy and effective with customized mitigation and support from our frontline experts. And you’re back up and running in no time.
If your infrastructure is more complex, Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) Redirect can be a smart way to channel traffic through the UltraDDoS Protect cloud.
- We will only scrub traffic on the inbound route, with outbound traffic generated by the client’s network going back to the Internet via a normal routing decision
- For affected /24 prefixes, you’ll withdraw BGP announcements from your routers
- From the UltraDDoS Protect network, our Security Operations Center will initiate BGP announcements for the affected prefixes
How It Works
For affected /24 prefixes, you’ll withdraw BGP announcements from your routers.
From the UltraDDoS Protect network, our Security Operations Center will initiate BGP announcements for the affected prefixes.
Within minutes, UltraDDoS Protect will start to absorb the attack. Security Operations will oversee mitigation. Our network will send clean traffic to your infrastructure via GRE tunnels.