Last updated 05/18/2020
In March, I committed to keeping you updated on Neustar’s Business Continuity Plans as they relate to the COVID-19 pandemic. After nine weeks of 99 percent of our workforce working remotely, I am proud to share that COVID-19 has not impacted services to our customers.
We have been able to achieve this outcome thanks to the determined efforts of our people. They continue to live our values, including resilience, collaboration, and accountability, even during these trying times.
During this pandemic, we have established the following six Guiding Principles which we use to drive our decision making:
- Keep our people safe and healthy
- Be proactive and decisive
- Seek input and feedback broadly
- Be sure to live our values
- Don’t take unnecessary risks
- Be proactive about mental health
I share these Principles with you as they have been and will continue to be the lens through which we make our choices about how to move into the next phase of this crisis – returning to our offices. Every decision we make will be tested against these principles and will require two things:
- External factors must support and allow for a safe return to work including meeting federal, state, and local guidelines, and having public transportation open and safe for use, and
- Our internal readiness must ensure our employees are safe, productive, and supported upon return to their offices.
At this time, neither of these factors are at a point that supports Principle #1 – so we will continue to work from home for the time being and focus on providing you the high-quality service you have come to expect from our team members.
If you have any questions or concerns, please respond to this email or contact your Neustar account manager.
Thank you for your business and continued support during this challenging time.
Chief Executive Officer