Neustar Hosts STEM Educators from GW Teachers in Industry Project
Participating teachers, L to R: Nicole Kezmarsky, Loudoun County HS; Martin Schulz, Tuscarora HS; Nathalia Hardy Freedom HS; Mark Smaltz, Brentsville HS; Martha Somers, Broad Run HS.
Travel-related brands have long understood the importance of asking “business or pleasure” in their customer service interactions. It’s a key piece of information that should drive your marketing decisions because knowing the motivation and reasons behind someone's travel can help you market to them more effectively.
With our Frequent Traveler audience segment, Neustar AdAdvisor can give you a new way to target this distinct group of consumers. The Frequent Traveler audience was initially created by analyzing the geolocation information associated with an IP address and combining that with rich panel and survey data to create travel propensity scores. We then applied these scores to an audience of people who have completed more than 10 trips in the past 12 months.*
By understanding the distinction between frequent travelers and leisure travelers, you can start to develop more compelling campaigns, improve how you engage with and communicate with the two different groups, and see increased ROI on your marketing efforts.
Frequent travelers, defined as those who take more than 10 trips per year, often do so for business reasons rather than leisure. Because the reasons for their travel itineraries are different, the services and products these groups need are going to be different. And — you guessed it — that also means they're going to respond to marketing tactics very differently.
A Snapshot of the Frequent Traveler**
- Makes more than 10 domestic trips per year, often for business purposes
- Puts great value on reliability and convenience
- Responds well to membership perks
- Is interested in building a long-term relationship with a brand
- HIGHLY LOYAL to brands that have earned their trust
With AdAdvisor Frequent Traveler, marketers can:
- Find frequent travelers by knowing what they enjoy: For example, a Michelin-rated restaurant in a popular travel destination could target frequent travelers who also enjoy fine dining. Or, a luxury brand could target frequent travelers who have shown a propensity for shopping while they are on their trip.
- Get higher campaign ROI by reaching real travelers: The AdAdvisor Frequent Traveler audience gives you access to people who actually travel, not modeled audiences of people who simply enjoy the idea of traveling but rarely go anywhere.
- Create custom audiences: By combining your own CRM data and AdAdvisor Frequent Traveler, you can create a custom audience that makes it much easier to precisely target and convert customers.
- Successfully launch a conquesting campaign: You can target frequent travelers who prefer staying in a specific hotel chain, or flying on a certain airline. Understanding a traveler’s existing brand preferences is an important step in converting them to your brand.
The best way to build campaigns that resonate with travelers is by having a multi-dimensional understanding of your customer. With AdAdvisor Frequent Traveler, you can understand not only how often people travel, but also which airlines, hotels, and car rental agencies they prefer, as well as what activities they enjoy. By delivering the right message, at the right time, you can start building a successful long-term relationship.
* Throughout the process, Neustar adheres to Privacy by Design principles to ensure that our de-identified linkages do not personally identify a consumer or create profiles based on behavior across sites and over time.