Neustar UltraRecursive Brings Efficient Security to Cloud DNS
High-performance, Cloud-based Recursive DNS Solution Delivers Lightweight Security and Threat Protection
February 7, 2017 – STERLING, Va. – Neustar, Inc. (NYSE: NSR), a trusted, neutral provider of real-time information services, today announced the launch of Neustar UltraRecursive, a high-performance, cloud-based recursive DNS solution that delivers cost-effective security and threat protection. Neustar UltraRecursive quickly connects users to vital online applications and websites while enabling an additional layer of security that prevents access to unwanted content, protecting organizations from exposure to malware, viruses, and other malicious threats.
“Recent attacks and current events have demonstrated that securing critical DNS infrastructure remains an afterthought, oftentimes because fast Internet performance is the priority. But you shouldn’t have to compromise between performance and security,” said Nicolai Bezsonoff, General Manager of Neustar Security Solutions. “Neustar UltraRecursive addresses this dilemma by delivering fast connectivity and reliability to users while providing security teams peace-of-mind by stopping threats at the first point of contact.”
An organization’s expanded network perimeter has made it difficult for security teams to consistently maintain optimal network performance and visibility into potential threats, making it elementary for malware attacks to bypass security protocols. These attacks are time-consuming and expensive for security teams to remediate, which may result in network degradation, potential downtime and brand damage. However, security teams can identify and eradicate these issues with Neustar UltraRecursive before their users even begin to notice them.
Key benefits and features of Neustar UltraRecursive include:
- Fast Performance – Quickly resolves queries through a highly reliable, global DNS infrastructure. The UltraRecursive nodes are co-located with Neustar’s authoritative and top-level-domain (TLD) servers, providing near-zero latency responses and instant cache updates for the zones that Neustar hosts.
- Early Detection – Stops threats at the first point of contact and blocks malware before it reaches networks or endpoints by using Neustar and third-party threat intelligence feeds.
- Effective Protection – Mitigates threats by preventing access to malicious websites known for malware, phishing, spyware, and bots. Blocks unwanted and inappropriate content with the use of pre-defined category based web filtering and custom white/blacklists.
- Easy Deployment – Cloud-based, managed solution adds an extra layer of performance and security without the need for appliances, installations or additional configurations, such as end-point agents. Save time and money – with the added benefits of a web-based portal, detailed reporting and industry-leading SLAs.
- Built-in DDoS Protection – Purpose-built DDoS protection to defend against attacks towards UltraRecursive and to ensure that businesses’ DNS does not become a source for future DDoS attacks against others.
- Acceptable Use Policies – Customize and easily enforce company-wide policies at the user level to improve productivity and ensure global workforces aren’t distracted by non-compliant sites.
“Having a Recursive platform that’s hosted in the same Global DNS infrastructure as UltraDNS gives Neustar an incredibly reliable and fast resolution, as well as instant updates for zones that it hosts,” said Chris Roosenraad, Director of Product Management, DNS, Neustar. “UltraRecursive also enjoys built-in protection by the large global DDoS mitigation network that Neustar offers in its SiteProtect service.”
For more information about Neustar UltraRecursive please visit https://www.home.neustar/dns-services/recursive-dns
Every day, the world generates roughly 2.5 quadrillion bits of data. Neustar (NYSE: NSR) isolates certain elements and analyzes, simplifies and edits them to make precise and valuable decisions that drive results. As one of the few companies capable of knowing with certainty who is on the other end of every interaction, we’re trusted by the world’s great brands to make critical decisions some 20 billion times a day. We help marketers send timely and relevant messages to the right people. Because we can authoritatively tell a client exactly who is calling or connecting with them, we make critical real-time responses possible. And the same comprehensive information that enables our clients to direct and manage orders also stops attackers. We know when someone isn’t who they claim to be, which helps stop fraud and denial of service before they’re a problem. Because we’re also an experienced manager of some of the world’s most complex databases, we help clients control their online identity, registering and protecting their domain name, and routing traffic to the correct network address. By linking the most essential information with the people who depend on it, we provide more than 12,000 clients worldwide with decisions—not just data. More information is available at https://www.neustar.biz
Neustar Media Contact