Neustar’s 2013 Year in Review Media Intelligence Report Informs Marketers on Online Channel Performance
Social Channels Bring the Greatest Reach and User Quality, Offline Customer Data Delivers Increased Online Performance
STERLING, VA, – Neustar, Inc. (NYSE: NSR), a trusted neutral provider of real-time information and analytics, today released its 2013 Year in Review Global Media Intelligence Report. Brands, agencies and marketers are constantly looking for ways to create a more unique and engaging customer experience. This report delivers key insights into what online channels are most effective for marketers to leverage in order to engage with high-performing audiences and efficiently increase reach to ultimately drive sales.
Marketers leverage Neustar’s Media Intelligence PlatformTM (MIP) to gain cross-channel visibility and actionable insights to optimize spend across their entire online media budget. The latest report identifies trends and insights for Fortune 500 CMOs to extend reach, increase sales and drive efficiency across media budgets.
- Exchanges show the greatest cost advantage in CPM, CPA and CPC, indexing below the industry average throughout all of 2013
- Social continues to deliver reach efficiency, performing 197 percent better than the next-best channel (networks)
- Social reaches high-quality users, performing 52 percent better than the indexed average
- Social and exchange online campaigns influence more online conversions while portal campaigns influence more offline conversions
- Offline first-party customer data performs 32x to 64x better than the advertiser average across clients in the Education, Retail and Telecommunications verticals
- Targeting top performing audiences leads to an increase in user conversion rates of 220 percent in CPG, 500 percent in Retail, 560 percent in Education, 920 percent in Automotive and 1400 percent in Telecommunications
“Gone are the days of marketing to many and hoping that you hit the right audience,” said David Jakubowski, SVP of Neustar Marketing Services. “Marketers must arm themselves with the technologies that connect customer intelligence with online media intelligence, allowing them to close the loop across channels to get one true view of the customer.”
The report analyzed more than 61 billion ad impressions in Q4 to uncover insights into customer engagement and reach, such as why marketers should advertise on one digital channel over another. With this data, top brands gain an understanding of the value of leveraging offline data to improve online campaign performance, reaching quality users on a consistent basis with a specific message, and targeting high-performing audiences based on key attributes. This 2013 Year in Review report looks at cost, reach efficiency, user quality and funnel attribution indices across the four most prevalent channels in the digital marketing world. It also dives into the types of campaigns that are driving the most impressions and actions along with which channels deliver actions online and offline, closing the loop across channels.
Neustar, Inc. (NYSE: NSR) is a trusted, neutral provider of real-time information and analytics to the communications services, financial services, retail, and media and advertising sectors. Neustar applies its advanced, secure technologies to help its clients promote and protect their businesses. More information is available at www.neustar.biz.