Nov 20, 2013
Fortune 500 Companies Invest in More Video and Mobile Advertising; Social Channels Bring the Greatest Reach and User Quality
STERLING, VA -- Neustar, Inc. (NYSE: NSR), a trusted neutral provider of real-time information and analysis, today released its Q3 Global Media Intelligence Report. The report delivers key insights for advertisers and agencies to make data-driven decisions on media spend. Leveraging Neustar’s Aggregate Knowledge (AK) Media Intelligence PlatformTM to gain cross-channel and cross-device visibility, the latest report identifies trends and insights for Fortune 500 CMOs to extend reach, increase sales and drive efficiency across media budgets.
In addition, the report helps marketers quickly identify top attributes that make up high performing audiences, driving increased performance of at least 300 percent across a number of verticals.
“The report demonstrates the huge opportunities that exist for marketers and brands across key verticals,” said David Jakubowski, VP of Marketing Solutions at Neustar. “The value marketers are getting from defining target audiences and reaching them with the right message is driving huge increases in campaign effectiveness and return on marketing investment, which hasn’t been possible before.”
Key Channel Insights:
- Networks and exchanges show the greatest cost advantage in CPM, CPA and CPC
- Social continues to deliver reach efficiency, performing 58 percent better than exchanges
- Social delivers the highest quality users not seen on other channels
- Video network usage is on the rise, with impressions growing 15 percent, clicks increasing 73 percent, and click revenue growing 48 percent
- Mobile campaigns drove a 288 percent increase in impressions, but generated 11 percent less clicks than Q2
Key Vertical Insights:
- Targeting top performing audiences leads to an increase in user conversion rates over the advertiser average of 300 percent in Retail, 410 percent in Auto, 590 percent in CPG and 970 percent in Telco
- Important attributes that contribute to high performing audiences for each vertical include:
- Retail: frequent and high spenders for apparel, specialty, or sporting goods
- Auto: education, income and purchase history
- CPG: demographics, presence of children, and education
- Telco: purchase history and third-party segmentation models
The report analyzed more than 60 billion ad impressions in Q3 to uncover insights into customer engagement and reach, such as why marketers should advertise on one digital channel over another. With this data, brands can better plan, target, engage, and measure leading to more optimized media planning and buying. This quarter’s report looks at cost, reach efficiency, user quality and funnel attribution indices across the four most prevalent channels in the digital marketing world. It also dives into two growing channels – video networks and mobile.
Neustar, Inc. (NYSE: NSR) is a trusted, neutral provider of real-time information and analysis to the communications services, financial services, retail, and media and advertising sectors. Neustar applies its advanced, secure technologies to help its clients promote and protect their businesses. Aggregate Knowledge, a Neustar service, combines both media and audience data to allow advertisers and agencies to reach the highest performing customers in a single media intelligence platform. More information is available at www.neustar.biz.