Outdoor Advertising Demonstrates Direct Sales Lift, Increases Effectiveness of Other Marketing Investments Reports First Ever Research Study of How Out-of-Home Advertising Works
“After careful analysis of thousands of marketing optimization models, and considering decades of research and applied marketing science, independent research from MarketShare Partners conclusively shows that OOH is an effective marketing vehicle and should be included as a component of the optimal marketing mix across a broad range of industries,” said Debbie Reichig, Senior Vice President of Business Development and Marketing at Clear Channel Outdoor. “For the first time, this report gives marketers proven models that show OOH not only provides a direct sales lift by increasing brand awareness and consideration, the medium can also increase the effectiveness of other marketing vehicles including TV, radio, print and online.”
Amongst the key findings:
- Given where some companies are in their budget allocation, OOH advertising has been shown to drive significant incremental sales lifts comparable to and often greater than other drivers.
- The optimal OOH allocation lies between 5% and 25% of the total advertising budget for the majority of products and brands.
- Including OOH in the media mix, for industries and products where it provides observable sales lift, makes other media more effective.
- OOH, as well as other marketing channels, has an indirect impact on sales.
- OOH can provide marketers with the ability to identify and focus their spending in the Designated Market Areas (“DMAs”) or geographic areas that provide the greatest response to their product and marketing efforts, in addition to the direct impact on sales.
- OOH can provide a significantly higher sales lift in conjunction with TV when the creative messaging is coordinated across platforms.
- OOH can provide a significantly higher sales lift in conjunction with Radio when there is a call to action.
“Today’s Out-of-Home industry is experiencing a fantastic transition, with cutting edge technology expanding our capabilities, and game changing measurement giving marketers new tools to evaluate our delivery,” said Rocky Sisson, Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Clear Channel Outdoor. “It’s just the right time to offer this new study from MarketShare Partners that helps show how to optimize OOH’s value in the total media mix.”
For more information and to receive the complete “How Out-of-Home Advertising Works” report, please contact Debbie Reichig at firstname.lastname@example.org.